Finance and Administration Manager
Middle East SALARY: AED45,000 - AED50,000 TERM: Permanent
Our client, an International School in Doha is looking for a highly motivated Finance and Administration Manager who must be a qualified accountant.
The Finance and Administration Manager position is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting and financial operations of the school, including the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the schools reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with international financial reporting standards.
Main responsibilities include:
- Core Finance
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, including the design of an organisational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Update and enhance the financial policies and procedures of the school and maintain a documented system of policies and procedures.
- Design internal control systems for all departments to ensure the safeguarding of school assets and monitor and enforce internal controls.
- Ensure the efficient operation and integration of the accounting system throughout the school.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly and annual financial information.
- Ensure general ledger and financial statements are complete and accurate.
- Perform general ledger reconciliations including deferred income and other account analysis.
- Each month end update a ‘month end’ folder with detailed balance sheet reconciliations for all balance sheet items.
- Daily cash reporting and monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Liaise with banks, audit, legal and tax providers as necessary.
- Comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- KPI and performance monitoring.
- Maintain the fixed asset register by supervising the recording of all items in the inventory, maintaining pertinent records and ensuring adequate treatment of fixed asset acquisitions and disposals.
- Manage payables, receivables and invoicing functions of the school efficiency.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Prepare monthly budget variance reports and work with the Headmaster on corrective actions.
- Provide financial analysis for decision support including capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Assist the group with gathering data and preparing reports for key personnel as requested.
- Ensure the school always has the adequate insurance cover
- Liaise with suppliers and clients when needed to ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations.
Must currently be in Qatar.
Salary QAR 20,000- 25,000
POSTED: 05 Aug 2019 JOB ID: ZCFM00123